Give your career a powerful start!
Are you newly or soon-to-be graduated student, with a keen interest in empowering the green transition and creating a sustainable society? Are you interested in broadening your horizons with international work assignments during your training programme and beyond? If so then this programme could be for you.
NKT’s power transmission solutions connect the electrical grid of countries together and enable the transmission of renewable power from remote locations (such as offshore windfarms) to urban areas. Cables are the unseen heroes of this electrified age and are integral to the global transition towards a greener world. At NKT we take great pride in being part of the green transition and building a sustainable future for generations to come.
We are searching for up-and-coming talent to join our UK Graduate Programme to support our journey to connect a greener world. Are you in?
This graduate programme would cover Health & Safety and / or Environmental Management at NKT. Throughout this programme dependant on your chosen discipline (H&S or Environment), your training and on the job experience will equip you to:
Health & Safety:
• Directly support our projects teams by reviewing, understanding, communicating and implementing the NKT Health and Safety standards to your assigned project(s)
• Support our tendering teams with review and input to the Health and Safety contract specific conditions and local regulations relevant to your assigned tender(s)
• Ensure that both the contractual obligations and legal Health and Safety requirements are understood and met on your assigned project(s)
• Develop and implement bespoke Health and Safety plans on your assigned project(s)
• Prepare Health and Safety documentation, planning, budgeting, forecasting to support successful tender and project delivery
• Undertake Health and Safety compliance audits
• Utilise relevant management systems to monitor, record, assess and intervene (where necessary) regarding Health and Safety performance
• Undertake Health and Safety investigations and ensure subsequent actions are followed to conclusion
• Support standardisation of Health and Safety best practice across NKT’s UK sites
• Directly support our projects teams by reviewing, understanding, communicating and implementing the NKT Environmental standards to your assigned project(s)
• Support our tendering teams with review and input to the Environmental contract specific conditions and local regulations relevant to your assigned tender(s)
• Ensure that both the contractual obligations and legal Environmental requirements are understood and met on your assigned project(s)
• Develop and implement bespoke Environmental plans on your assigned project(s)
• Prepare Environmental documentation, planning, budgeting, forecasting to support successful tender and project delivery
• Undertake Environmental compliance audits
• Utilise relevant management systems to monitor, record, assess and intervene (where necessary) regarding Environmental performance
• Undertake Environmental investigations and ensure subsequent actions are followed to conclusion
• Support standardisation of Environmental best practice across NKT’s UK sites
Join us in connecting a greener world!
Life at NKT.
NKT is committed to fostering a diverse organization and a culture where people from different backgrounds can thrive and are inspired to perform at their best. We believe that a diverse organization enables sustainable performance, and that an inclusive and welcoming culture makes for a better place to work. Being part of NKT opens a world of future career opportunities as well as learning possibilities. As part of this programme you will join and rotate amongst highly skilled teams, based across our UK HQ in Teesside and our various project sites, whilst supplementing your experience with extended rotations at our world leading facility in Karlskrona, Sweden. This site comprises a major production facility for manufacturing high voltage power cables and is currently subject to further significant expansion to meet the growing demands of the market. It is also the home to our advanced Cable Lay Vessel, NKT Victoria, which shall be joined by another market-leading new-build vessel in the near future.
Learn more about Life as a Connector at NKT!
Eager to kick-start your career in a global company with endless opportunities?
The graduate programme formally commences in September 2024, with onboarding and initial orientation throughout August 2024, and an overall programme duration of circa 18 months. You will be permanently employed from day one and upon completion of your graduate training programme you will move seamlessly into your new career path. During the programme you will take part in a high profile project together with your graduate counterparts (or connectors as we like to refer to them), sponsored by one of our senior business leaders. The programme includes scheduled periods of rotation, where the aim is to develop a broad network across the organisation, achieving a solid end-to-end understanding of NKT and our working culture. Your first 12 months will primarily be spent in Sweden at our world leading facility in Karlskrona!
You will be given the responsibility to undertake well-defined tasks whilst learning to solve problems which you can be accustomed to meeting within your future area of responsibility. The rotation abroad will further accelerate your personal growth in an international environment.
Ambitious, collaborative and highly motivated talents
We are looking for newly (or soon-to-be) graduated candidates with either an undergraduate or post-graduate degree relevant to the advertised role.
At NKT we empower and support our people to develop their career prospects which requires a solid work-ethic and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and skills. Our teams are built on collaboration and positive team spirit so the interested candidate will need to demonstrate a solid team mindset with an open mind for sharing solutions, competences and experiences. In addition to this, the interested candidate must evidence analytical problem solving skills, keen attention to detail, whilst also demonstrating key communication skills.
As a pre-requisite for application, candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Authorisation to work within the EU would also be beneficial but not essential. You must hold a current and valid passport.
How to apply: The recruitment process
The below application portal closes 8 March 2024. Personality, DBS and adaptive tests may be expected throughout the recruitment process. If you have any questions regarding the graduate programme or your application, you are very welcome to reach out to HR Manager UK – Emma Wilson, email@example.com or Andrew Piasecki, Head of UK & Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the GDPR regulations we cannot accept any applications via e-mail.
Be a Connector of the green tomorrow!
At NKT, we are all Connectors. We connect to develop leading technologies that enable the world’s transition to renewable energy - and we stay connected to grow as people and professionals. As a company, NKT connects a greener world with high-quality power cable technology - designing, manufacturing and installing low-, medium- and high-voltage power cable solutions and accessories that support the green transition. NKT is headquartered in Denmark, employs 4,500 people in more than 15 countries, and realized revenue of EUR 2,1 billion in 2022. We connect a greener world. www.nkt.com