The NKT cables for the project are some of the world's best and toughest medium voltage cables, built for tough conditions.
AXAL-TT Endurance 3-core & AXALJ-TT 1-core are the medium voltage cables used for these tough conditions to connect the wind turbines. The cables are locally produced in Falun and have been developed and tested to withstand extreme temperature differences, snow, ice, water and harsh ground conditions:
• Mechanically strong, shock-absorbing multilayer sheath for installation in existing soil
• Screen wires embedded in conductive polymer material, resulting in a double protection against screen corrosion to insure 100% screen function throughout the lifetime of the cables
• Easy to handle for fast and straightforward installation
• Genuine safe cables with 100% metal covering under sheath – touch-safe solution
• Consists of only one metal (Al) and one polymer (Polyolefin) – The best choice for the environment
• Is available in 12 kV, 24 kV and 36 kV, either standard length or tailored to your needs
Finally, our Nordic locations and local knowledge were one of the deciding factors. We were always close by and able to deliver the products faster.
It’s fair to say that our winning combination was great products and great people – close by.
”A demanding project such as this is always a case of making all ends meet. With the client as well as internally in order to deliver the best possible outcome. Everyone from NKT has come together – from customer support to production. This was the largest wind farm order in the history of the Falun factory, and not only did we deliver all the products needed for the project, they were also delivered in due time”, says Mikael Åkerlund, Key Account Manager Utility, NKT (Sweden) AB.
Björnberget is one of the largest wind farms in Northern Europe and is expected to generate 1,1 TWH annually, which will provide 300,000 households with sustainable electricity. Björnberget is developed by RES in collaboration with Enlight Renewable Energy and Prime Capital’s Prime Green Infrastructre Fund.